After graduating from Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) with MA degree in Translating & Interpreting (with a specialism in interpreting) in 2010,
Mr. Jun Yue once worked as:
- a cultural programs manager at the U.S. Consulate General in Wuhan, China (2016-18)
- a Fulbright Scholar at a liberal arts college in Florida, United States (2014-15)
- a lecturer of Chinese-English interpreting & translating at a top 10 university in Mainland China (2011-14)
And so far he has been:
- working as a freelance/part-time Mandarin-English conference interpreter since 2010, interpreting simultaneously and consecutively on a multitude of topics for both public and private sectors home and abroad.
- teaching English & Chinese as foreign languages for various kinds of learners at different educational institutions, with a TESOL Certificate awarded by Arizona State University, as well as a TCSOL Certificate awarded by State Language Commission of China.
- providing consulting services for global marketing, procurement, and localization.
In addition, he has also been enthusiastically engaged in pro bono and volunteering services. Among a great variety of those projects, in 2019, he served as a Communication Coordinator for 101st around-the-world voyage of the Peace Boat, visiting 20 countries across six continents. The Peace Boat is a Japan-based international NGO promoting peace, human rights, and sustainability word-wide.
In his spare time, he likes:
- road biking,
- playing ukulele,
- swing dance, and
- jazz music…
岳军，中英文会议口译员（同声传译、交替传译）；国际交流活动策划、推广、执行与主持人；跨文化交流与国际事务专员；英文与对外汉语教师（获美国亚利桑那州立大学TESOL认证、中国国家汉办TCSOL认证）；毕业于香港理工大学中文与双语学系，获翻译与传译（传译专业）硕士学位（2010）；持有国际译联（FIT）译员证； 中美富布莱特项目访问学者（2014-15）；英国剑桥大学丘吉尔学院访问学者（2013暑期）； 湖北省五一劳动奖章获得者（2012）；曾任职于美国驻武汉总领事馆（2016-2018），负责推动美国与中国华中地区在文化、教育与学术等方面的交流与合作，获美国驻华使团英雄奖（Eagle Award, 2017）与荣誉奖（Mission Honor Award, 2018）；工作与旅居足迹迄今遍布世界六大洲、二十多个国家。