About Mr. Jun Yue
After graduating from Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) with MA degree in Translating & Interpreting (conference interpreting) in 2010, Mr. Jun Yue once worked as:
- a cultural programs manager at the U.S. Consulate General in Wuhan, China (2016-18)
- a Fulbright Scholar at a liberal arts college in Florida, the U.S. (2014-15)
- a visiting scholar at Churchill College, University of Cambridge, the U.K. (2013)
- a lecturer of Chinese-English interpreting & translating at a top 10 university in Mainland China (2011-14)
And he has been:
- working as a freelance/part-time Mandarin-English conference interpreter since 2010, interpreting simultaneously and consecutively on a multitude of topics for both public and private sectors home and abroad
- teaching English and Chinese as foreign/second languages for various kinds of learners at different educational institutions
- providing consulting services for global marketing, procurement and localization.
In addition, he has also been enthusiastically engaged in pro bono and volunteering services. Among a great variety of those projects, in 2019, he served as a Communication Coordinator for 101st around-the-world voyage of the Peace Boat, visiting ports of calls at 20 countries across six continents. The Peace Boat is a Japan-based international NGO promoting peace, human rights, and sustainability word-wide.
In the spare time, he likes:
- playing ukulele,
- swing dance/Lindy hop, and
- jazz music…